Want to join the competition in the BBQ Cook-off?
Take a look at the 2014 Cooking Team Packet and Register to Compete in the Texas Gulf Coast BBQ Cookers Association sanctioned cook-off today!
$175 per space (30’ x 40’)
Additional space(s) may be purchased
- 6 event wristbands for team members/guests
- Listing in event marketing material
- Access to the afternoon concert series
All teams are asked to provide enough food* to serve at least 25 guests
- food* = one entrée (does not have to be the same as the competition meats) along with 2 side items
Fill out the Team Application here.
2014 Cooking Teams
More information coming soon!
- Beef Brisket
- Half Chicken
- Pork Spare Ribs
- Beans (Optional)
- Arrival Time (earliest) 12 noon (5/2/2014)
- Cooking Team Meeting 4:00 p.m. (5/2/2014)
- Official Cook-off Start Time 5:00 p.m. (5/2/2014)
- Judging by Category 12 noon – 4:00 p.m. (5/3/2014)
- Event Serving Time 5-7:30 p.m. (5/3/2014)
To read the full cooking team rules and guidelines, click here.
Prize money and trophies will be awarded as follows:
- Grand Champion: Cash Prize & Trophy
- Reserve Grand Champion: Cash Prize & Trophy
- 1st Place Each Sanctioned Category: Cash Prize & Trophy
- 2nd Place Each Sanctioned Category: Cash Prize & Trophy
- 3rd Place Each Sanctioned Category: Trophy
- 1st Place Optional Category: Cash Reward (50% of Optional Category fees collected) & Trophy
- 2nd Place Optional Category: Trophy
- 3rd Place Optional Category: Trophy
*Cash prizes TBD, will be updated at later time
2013 TB3 Cook-off
Grand Champion: Pancho & Lefty BBQ
Reserve Grand Champion: Young Guns
Tyler Stegeman, Cook-off Chair
Felicia Broussard, RMH Houston Special Events Coordinator